The Small Business Engagement Manager oversees the process of building, growing, and fostering relationships with Small Business Majority’s (SBM’s) national network of small business owners. The Manager also works with and oversees the national Small Business Council. This position reports to the Vice President, Engagement.
- Develop spokesperson activities with a particular focus on cultivating engagement with interested small business owners
- Work with state organizations and business or advocacy groups to identify individual small business owners willing to serve as spokespeople on key healthcare, access to capital, entrepreneurship, clean energy, immigration, workforce, and other business issues for media, press conferences and government events
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Department to identify and prepare small business owners for media opportunities and other high-level spokesperson activities
- Oversee the national Small Business Council including monthly engagement activity, quarterly engagement activities, and administration
- Inform and educate small business owners on how they can take action to affect national and state policy decisions
- Deploys various engagement tactics to reach a wide range of stakeholders including business owners and partner organizations
- Use creative techniques to consistently grow the small business owner network
- Manage the Small Business Majority Community site by organizing monthly engagement activities and quarterly engagement activities via email and social media
- Lead bi-monthly Outreach/Engagement call
- Oversee and engage in direct outreach to small businesses and business organizations through a multitude of methods, including phone banking
- Ensure that SBM’s small business owner and contact database is up to date
- Review Salesforce ‘deposits’ submitted by team members on a weekly basis; provide feedback around potential spokesperson development opportunities
- Co-manage Engagement Interns who support small business owners story collection and data entry
- Superior process and people management skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior writing and interviewing skills
- Self-starter and creative thinker; deadline oriented; personable—able to foster positive working relationships with colleagues, small business owners, partners, etc.
- Ability to understand complex policy
- Experience working on electoral, issue-based campaigns or non-profits a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or other CRM tools
- Experience working with online engagement platforms, spreadsheet and database software
- Interest in advocacy and public policy
- Enjoy collaboration and working as part of a team with multiple internal and external resources; as well, must be able to work independently
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging)
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Any of the following experience a plus: Small business/business, healthcare, clean energy, workforce issues, immigration, women/minority issues, and/or other policy advocacy
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.