October is Women’s Small Business Month, and Small Business Majority is celebrating by hosting an informative event focused on resources and opportunities for women entrepreneurs in partnership with the Women's Entrepreneurial Opportunity Project (WEOP).
Our expert speakers will guide you through the various resources available to women entrepreneurs, including mentorship programs, procurement opportunities, and small business advocacy. You'll learn best practices for building a strong support network, overcoming common obstacles faced by women entrepreneurs and developing your leadership skills. Sessions include:
Representation Matters: Amplifying our voices in small business advocacy
- Senator Sonya Halpern, Georgia State Senate
- Representative Kim Schofield, Georgia House of Representatives
- Montez Diamond, Region 4 SBA Office of Advocacy
- Kela Taylor, Marke' Enterprises
Grow Where You Go: Opportunities and resources for women in business
- Terri Denison, SBA Georgia District Office
- Julian Bailey, Georgia Department of Administrative Services Supplier Diversity Initiative
- Jennifer Pasley, Georgia Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
Breaking Barriers: Paving the way for women in tech startups
- Lakila Bowden, iSeeTechnologies Inc.
- Pam-Adkins Smith, Coolest Nerd Ever
- Preeti Tanwar, HiEdSuccess
- Donna Ennis, Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute
In addition to learning about resources and opportunities, you'll also have the opportunity to connect with other women entrepreneurs and share your own experiences. You'll be able to ask questions of our speakers and participate in interactive activities designed to help you make the most of the resources available to you.
*This event will be held in person and there are limited seats available. Please register today to confirm your reservation*