Lunch & Learn : How Small Business Owners Can Create Opportunities for Youth
Join the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce and Small Business Majority for a Lunch & Learn about work-based learning and how small businesses can explore ways to engage with local youth. Learn about workforce training agencies, youth development organizations, local school districts and the programs and resources they offer to get involved.
California has one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the country. Meanwhile, small businesses continue to say they can't find qualified workers. Taking simple first steps like speaking at a career fair, conducting mock interviews and offering job shadowing opportunities can help more small businesses create meaningful educational and training opportunities for our state’s youth.
Topics of discussion include:
- Linked Learning & pilot programs happening in your community
- Short-term engagement options
- Pasadena Youth Works program
- Tips to help determine the best option for your small business
- Helpful tools and resources